Sunday, March 27, 2011

Broke an Hour

I have been running pretty consistently for the past two months, every Wednesday and Sunday morning. This morning, for the first time in a long time, I ran for longer than an hour. It felt great. I ran to the trails which are about 2km from our house, then did a 5km loop on the trails, and then ran home. The 5km loop is very well marked but I still managed to get lost twice and add the extra distance to make up an hour.

When I left for my run, Finian was napping, Connell, Fiacra, and Ailbhe were doing math puzzles on the computer. When I got back, an hour and 55 seconds later, Finian was still napping, and Connell, Fiacra, and Ailbhe were still doing math puzzles on the computer. Finian ended up napping for over 2 hours, very unusual for him, he generally favours 30 to 40 minute naps.

I probably won't run for much longer than an hour. An hour is a perfect length for me. I would like to add a third run each week, maybe one evening a week as well.

I even did some stretches to celebrate breaking an hour

1 comment:

  1. Great job! I am still only able to do 30-40 minutes, 45 minutes max. This damn foot injury!

    Looking forward to your return so we can run again (if I can keep up to you, that is).

    ReplyDelete