Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Vaccinations

Connell and I have been completely negligent a bit lax with Finian's vaccinations. We started out great. He got his 2 month vaccination at exactly 2 months, but then he had croup for a while, and then we left Canada, and it has taken us a while to get back on track.

I took him to the doctor last Friday to restart his vaccination program. The French vaccination system is fairly similar to the Canadian system. The doctor gave me a prescription for 2 vaccines and we made a "rendez-vous" for Monday. Yesterday I went to the Pharmacy to pick up the vaccines and then brought them to the doctor's office.

Pharmacies are almost as numerous here as bakeries. Every neighbourhood seems to have their own local one. I have been to the pharmacy just around the corner quite a few times, to get diaper cream for Finian (Mustela - it's fantastic, even better than Sudocream), sunscreen for the kids (yes, it's sunscreen time already), and lice treatment for Ailbhe (we think we're lice-free now), so they now know me.

We brought infant Tylenol with us from Canada but I wanted to pick up some more in case Finian was sore after the vaccinations. I got a Tylenol equivalent as Tylenol isn't available here. Unfortunately, they don't seem to have concentrated versions so poor Finian now has to take 5 times the amount. We gave him some last night, he was not happy. In fact, he screamed a lot more getting the huge syringe of medicine than he did getting the 2 vaccinations.

No comments:

Post a Comment