Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Pancake Tuesday

Fiacra has been eagerly anticipating Pancake Tuesday and has asked many times over the past week, "is it Pancake Tuesday yet?". I always had crepe-style pancakes growing up on Pancake Tuesday, and that's what we had after dinner today.

We tried three versions of the crepes, Irish, French, and Canadian. The Irish crepes were served with lemon juice and sugar, the French crepes were spread with nutella, and the Canadian crepes were smothered with maple syrup. Actually, Connell was the only one who tried all three, I had only the Irish crepes (the far superior variety), Ailbhe had only the French, and Fiacra declared "I don't like these craps at all".

We now have half a jar of nutella in our fridge, a previously unencountered substance. I'll bet that Ailbhe asks for it for breakfast tomorrow.


Connell does the flip

Fiacra trying the "crap"

Ailbhe on her second crepe

Crepe

Finian with his sunhat on today. It was 17 degrees

1 comment:

  1. I can't believe that Fiacra does not like craps! Strange.

    We too have Nutella, but I seem to be the only one who eats it!

    ReplyDelete