Thursday, January 6, 2011

Thanks Santa

Santa, with a little help from a friend's granny, brought me a kindle for Christmas. There was no room for books (well no room for books for me, we seem to have fit kids books) in the 8 massive bags we packed but a kindle squeezed in nicely.

I have just finished Committed by Elizabeth Gilbert. It takes up where Eat, Pray, Love ended but is really an examination of marriage, the history of marriage and what marriage has meant and now means. I liked Eat, Pray, Love but loved Committed. 

We also read Tumtum and Nutmeg by Emily Bearn to the kids. This is the first book in the amazing Tumtum and Nutmeg series, we have read all the other books but had missed this one. The kindle is perfect for bedtime chapter book reading.

I have downloaded Three Cups of Tea by Greg Mortenson, to start tonight.

I will use the kindle a lot this year. Thanks Santa.

2 comments:

  1. I am glad to hear that you loved Committed. I just came across the receipt to that book - I bought it almost a year ago but have not read it yet. Must read it soon. And, I also have 3 Cups of Tea, which I bought shortly after Committed. Have I read it? Nope. I heard that it was hard to get into, which always intimidates me. You will have to let me know who it is.

    I am less than 100 pages away from finishing The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo, which I am loving. So glad that I persevered. What a great book. Did you like it?

    Looking forward to more updates!

    Tricia

    ReplyDelete